Our number one goal is to grow competitive cycling. Here’s how we plan to do it:
Mass start means all racers will be staged based on their projected finishing time, and will start together. This format allows for a shared experience. Drive together, start together, finish about the same time and hang out afterwards together.
We ardently believe racing a set distance of 100k will bring in new competitors by providing an opportunity to race against others as well as racing towards a personal time goal.
Our courses are close to population centers, and feature beautiful terrain. Iconic roads and paths play a big part in course set up.
While not closed to traffic, the courses are designed so the racers will never have to stop – stop signs and signals will be open so racers can go for their PR (personal record).
Prize money, a sizable purse, is important to what we want to accomplish. Currently, there is little opportunity to make a living as a professional cyclist. Having a HUNKR series that spans the globe and arcs the calendar is our take on how to grow the professional side of the sport. Prize money also creates a spectacle in and of itself that will draw media attention to HUNKRs and the sport in general.
Racers under 23 race free. Let’s make it as easy as possible for youth to get started racing bicycles – free entry is a first step we are taking towards a strong future, and growing sport.
- Have fun! Racing is hard and demanding, and that’s what makes it fun. Sure you’ll be grimacing along the way, it’s up to you to be smiling when it’s all said and done.
- Be nice. We expect the highest conduct out of our participants when it comes to courtesy and respect. While racing can be anxious, if you come across unpleasantness from another let us know. If you catch yourself being less than awesome, ask for forgiveness. This is our community, and we want it to grow.
- Wear a helmet.
- Make sure you bicycle is in proper working order.
- No aero bars are permitted – they are too dangerous for mass start racing.
- No motors are permitted.
- Traffic laws. We will have an open course for you to go fast. You must still obey traffic laws. Stay to the right unless passing. NEVER cross the center divider. While we do our best on race day to have the roads safe and open for you to go fast unimpeded it’s possible something will come up. Obey the law. Failure to obey the law may result in disqualification.
- Doping. If you have previously been convicted of doping, HUNKR events are not for you. If you are found to have doped during one of our events we will sue you for any prize money as well as damages to the HUNKR brand.
We need volunteers. If you would like to volunteer please click here. (here will go to a contact form as well as ask what they’d like to volunteer for – course marshall, hospitality, registration.
Should you be unable to participate, you may sell your Registration. The cost is $25. Go to hunkr.com/store and purchase the Transfer, you will be prompted to enter the new racer’s info.